Douglas Frank and I invite you to join us in engaging in what promises to be a profound journey of looking directly and clearly at what it truly means to prepare to meet death face to face. We use Stephen Levine’s book, “A Year to Die” to anchor our learning and include these subjects and processes:
1. Your conscious commitment to Life: ‘Presensing’ and self settling ‘before I die…..’
2. Life review and personal gifts, talents and skills as legacy
3. Meditation and contemplative practices
4. Gratitude and forgiveness, transforming regrets to ‘no regrets’
5. Spiritual practices in preparation for dying
6. Inquiring into ‘who dies, what dies?’
7. Facing fears and angers, pride and loneliness, dullness, greed, and incompleteness, and the
wisdoms found at the core of our emotional expressions
8. The act of dying- what to anticipate in the dying process from a medical view
9. The act of dying –how to learn about a paradigm of Subtle body dissolution
10. After Death-Views of After Death Experiences
11. Your values and wishes expressed in practical & legal ways – Advanced Directives, Ethical Wills, Funerals and Cremations
12. Celebration of gratitude and giving back to Life your best response for the reason you took this birth for the benefit of all.
The group will meet monthly throughout 2016. We are open to all and will host guest presenters, each powerful and engaging in their respective areas of expertise, who will help guide the group through various aspects of life and death.
Please meet us through our video below, or visit our course page on Boulder Shambhala Center.(If the registration link on their site isn't active yet, check back again after September 25th.)